Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mom, I Think The Rug Used to Be Red

Red is one of those kid friendly colors I always felt safe using as in home decor. It goes well with coolaide and Big Red soda pop. Seriously, there's not much you can do to red carpet that destroys the color.

When it came time to redecorate the bathroom a few months ago, the gold and white French decor had to go. Repainted with stark white walls, white cabinets and black and white pattern marble counters, black tub and toilet (I don't know WHERE the kids found these, but I liked them too) screamed for RED accents. You know, just a red rug, some red vases, red and black towels, maybe some red on the shower curtain. It worked, the bathroom is astounding.

The bathroom WAS astounding.

Not any more... The bathtub p-trap froze over night. We let the water run in the bathtub to keep the pipes from freezing. It seemed innocent enough. Then my son thought bleach would open up the pipes and let the clog drain through. It didn't work.

The tub overflowed and the red rugs got wet. The white tile is now pink. The red rug now has pink spots. I was just informed that REAL Boys don't use Pink Bathrooms.

Just wait until I toss those RED rugs in with their white shirts!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I hope you can get the pink out of the tiles. It's fairly easy to replace your rug...but tile? Not as simple! I'd try vinegar & baking soda myself...good luck!

    ReplyDelete

As Long As There Are Politicians, Celebrities and Men With Egos

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt Over the years, there've been people who attempted t...