Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sandwich Generation - I wanna be cheese!


And pass the latte please?

My kids are treasures. It's amazing what great, wonderful kids I have. I know it's amazing because I grew up in the root system of my family tree.

The roots are rotten. (Sorry, Grandma and Granddad, but you spawned a herd of very angry children who seriously lack the ability to live on a planet with other creatures successfully.) The next generation, those of us who came along after about 1959, in what's commonly known as the "me generation" all seem to have good attitudes and congenial relationships with most people.

I'm looking at the sandwich of which I'm definitely the middle, thinking there's some crusty bread on one side at least (I think it may even be a little old and stale). Then there's some wilted veggies, ewwww....

A slice of meat. Um *shaking head* definitely NOT me. And cheese. There I am, sharp cheddar with some age, but agile enough to take on even the smartest apple. And another slice of fresh tender bread slathered with a thick layer of mayo. Yup, I'm definitely the cheese. Don't wanna go near that crusty loaf on the other end.

I'd explain this post a little better, but... I'd have to kill you and I need my readers... Leave a comment if you really wanna hear the story and I might tell you tomorrow, after I've calmed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Long As There Are Politicians, Celebrities and Men With Egos

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt Over the years, there've been people who attempted t...