Friday, February 27, 2009

Thinking Thin Thursday - almost on Saturday

I just heard about this Thinking Thin on Thursday thing. Actually, considering my friend Danielle kick started a new diet this Thursday, I figured it would be a worthy effort. Definitely a good comment to make.

We've both been life dieters, trying to keep the food off by not eating (it doesn't work), you always eat. So, we've tried exercise... The walk to the refrigerator works off about 2% of the calories we get each day. Then there's that other 98% we don't work off while we're sitting on our backsides typing into the computer. Ahem... Do you think... Nah!

I have skinny fingers! Doesn't that count?

So, perhaps... If this thinking thin thing gets around and everybody is thinking thin, we can get rid of the pounds because we're all thinking them out into the stratosphere and giving them to those hungry folks on the foodless planet. I wonder how far out on the Information Highway, the foodless planet exists?

I've seriously considered mounting a desktop of sorts on the front of the treadmill so I can walk and type at the same time, then I'd have to get a bigger screen.

But, the plan is... We drink plenty of water, watch the caloric intake and exercise more. I walked further today than I have other days this week. I drank two glasses more water. And I ate almost 30% less calories than yesterday. I'm good! My goal is a longer walk tomorrow and more exercise, 30% less calories again (that should be where I want to be for the whole three week diet) and add two more glasses of water.

Thinking Thin Thursday will come on Thursday next week. (I heard about it a day late!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    I want to make an addition to your post. I have revamped my walking regimen in our new/improved diet; I now walk, back and forth - 4 times - to the refrigerator before opening it. In addition, I walk 'backwards' such that in order to maintain my even-numbered program, I - generally - end up AWAY from the fridge on the last return trip. Sometimes, I'm too tired to make the extra trip back to the fridge, (I don't want to overdo...)thus serving two purposes with one exercise implementation!

    If my previous math expertise serves me, that would increase my calorie decline by...8%? PLUS the calorie decline will increase on the days I end up away from the fridge, too tired to return. Wow! I'm sure this diet will work for us; it's just way too complicated not to. Besides, all that EXTRA thinking...is added exercise...

    And I do want to mention that...typing IS an exercise; that DOES count!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle,

    That is just too stinking funny. Laughter, too, is exercise, the very best kind!

    Not only does it give you extra exercise, but it also removes the worry lines, which automatically removes ten lbs of ugly wrinkled stuff. I hadn't thought of walking backwards, you're so much better at this, that's why you're skinnier than me.

    I will tell you, listening to two teenaged boys talk counts for at least half the caloric intake. I've decided all that hot air has got to be worth something valuable! They're still challenging the parental concept after a whole day of loosing (you know LOOSING with two OO's you can tie them back together that way) to Mom.

    My brain is fried, I either need to sleep or add more caffeine... Kenton got out for the first time in 11 days, I took him with me to pick up Sean tonight. He was amazed, the other side of town still exists.

    Charger

    ReplyDelete

As Long As There Are Politicians, Celebrities and Men With Egos

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt Over the years, there've been people who attempted t...