Friday, February 27, 2009

Walking the Trail - Hiking Your Way Through Life

Sometimes my feet hurt. The hike along nature's trails gets to be too danged much to follow and I just want to set it out and ride. But migration doesn't happen that way. We're seriously on our own in the natural migration of life that co-exists with power strategies, growing up, growing old, and challenging ourselves to be the best we can be.

When my friend Danielle Simone suggested I look at her Trails of Nature blog, I thought she'd probably lost her nuts and pickled her brains. I'm not a dinosaur nut, nor am I truly interested in geology (although I took a class once) but the paleontology thing that I took her to be writing didn't appeal to me on ANY level. Seriously, I've heard Tom Betz chatter on about the paleontology tooth thing, and seen some of his dinosaur fossils, even listened as he talked about combining paleontology and writing (he tells great stories and I absolutely adore watching him tell them), but do I want to read a whole blog about pre-historic creatures that weren't potty trained? No, thank you!

Then I remembered that Danielle can write tall tales about a used up old Toyota and make it sound like a delicate southern belle with sexy tail-lights. Okay, I'm in. Let me check out this blog.

Her post about Butterflies and migration drew me into the blog, and this was only her second post. Life gets in the way and I'm off to not only read her blog, but write a review of the darned thing... Sheesh! What will they think of to occupy my time next? But it's a terrific stop along the walking trail I choose to take through life. I'm gonna dare say, you'll enjoy a stop along the Trails of Nature too.

If you, like the rest of the humanoid type population, are hiking your way through life looking for sustenance, inspiration and some other tangible act of nature to remind you how big and wonderful the universe can be, take a detour past the Trails of Nature blog and see what you can find to sustain your perspective as you climb the mountains of existence. You just might find a Monarch Butterfly on your shoulder to guide you (or angel wings fluttering in the distance) and a caring tender heart to share your path.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan...beautiful and insight post...well done!

    Warmly,
    Donna
    www.donna-mcdine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    Great graphics! Nice post on the migrations of life - in general. I like where you take the word.

    I am glad you like to share "butterflies". Thanks for the comments on trailsofnature.

    My journey over the past year, my "migration" through the trails(and trials and tribulations) of writing has been joyful in large part because of your inspiration, support and knowledge. We are forever tied in that ethereal, spiritual realm of writer-friends. May our journey be long and fruitful.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

As Long As There Are Politicians, Celebrities and Men With Egos

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt Over the years, there've been people who attempted t...