Thursday, December 15, 2011

Spunky, Charger, and Mom

Nicknames can be fun. When Oris George started calling me Charger a few years back, I admired the concept and loved hearing the name. It fit. A single parent for more than twelve years, I've been dedicated to my children and determined to raise them well. I have great children, who have become great adults. Three of the four have crossed that plateau, one still clinging to mom's apron strings (he doesn't realize yet, that I've cut him loose), and one still in high school, hanging onto every minute of youth.

Spunky came as a surprise a few weeks back, from a friend here in Denver. She answered the phone, "Hey Spunky, what's up?" She couldn't possibly know how much that new nickname meant, or that it's kept me reaching for the next step on the ladder to success for the past three months. I've struggled to keep up, and life seems to be getting in my way recently. But, having someone give me a nickname that reminded me that I'm spunky, gregarious and motivated helps to keep me in that "charger" mode.

Motivation sometimes comes from knowing that my Hope never fails. I love the positive power of faith in my life and knowing that I can achieve all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Long As There Are Politicians, Celebrities and Men With Egos

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt Over the years, there've been people who attempted t...