Thursday, February 26, 2009

Older Women are Beautiful Lovers

Listening to the radio occasionally bites. Like this morning. I've enjoyed the day so far, good things have happened, most of them created good feelings about who I am, and then this song bops across the radio waves.

"Older Women, are beautiful lovers" ahem.

And the song wanders on across the air waves with me thinking about the words. It hasn't been but a couple of days since one of my favorite guys (he's a great friend, who tends to call me when he's a bit over the edge) called me in a mild stupor to tell me what a great person I am, how lovely I am, and that I'd be a wonderful lover. I smiled and enjoyed the praise all the while knowing that he'd be sober in the morning. What a lovely guy!

I'm sure other single women get the same kinds of phone calls from friends. You get them, smile and appreciate the compliments and know that come daylight, they'll have forgotten the phone call, and you'll be having breakfast alone, and if you're smart, you'll be sleeping alone too. But, how are you supposed to fend off those phone calls and the men who randomly come with them, when you really are lonely and you'd like to have someone who believes you're lovely ALL the time?

Ladies, being single isn't all it's cracked up to be, never has been, but... being married to the wrong guy reeks! Don't settle. There's more to life than busting your buns for a man who doesn't really love you, doesn't really like you, and refuses to pay attention to you unless he wants something from you. Find a man who truly loves you and is willing to be everything you need him to be. If you're going to risk the farm, the future, and your net worth for this guy, he'd seriously better be worth your effort.

Once you realize how content you are with yourself. The right guy will come along. It's okay to be single until he does come along. Chin up! You're okay and you'll have a great life, even if you're single.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Long As There Are Politicians, Celebrities and Men With Egos

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt Over the years, there've been people who attempted t...