Thursday, February 12, 2009

One Day at a Time on the Third Rock from the Sun

Most mornings, I rise to the sunlight happy to greet the day and ready for whatever comes my way. And most days, what comes my way is pretty good stuff. I have healthy kids, except for the one with chicken pox. I'm a healthy specimen of womanhood, except for the killer head-cold from hell. And life has been kind to me. I've been well blessed.

But some days, those moods catch up and the lows hang on. Life gets the best of you at dawn and you're not good for anything other than maybe sunset. This week has been that day.

This Charger-Mom lives in a trailer house about 6 months out of the year, most years. And this is one of those months. I have a strong "writer support network" and we email each other on a daily basis, for support, encouragement, and inspiration. Earlier this week, I started an email to the group and realized about half way into my tangent that I was on a real tare and stopped. I deleted the post and wrote instead,

"Perhaps I should return to bed and get up on the other side (the fact that I must go through a wall to get up won't matter much - in this mood, it probably won't even slow me down)."


Several have commented back, "I understand that thought." or "Gee what are you like on a bad day?" or "Let me know when it's safe, I'll come help rebuild the wall." and my very favorite, "Put the coffee on, I'll come rant with you."

The reality is, sometimes in these days of stress and strife, the frustration and stress build up and it has to go somewhere. As writers, we have the option of killing someone in a story (y'know you've done it), or blowing up a building, or writing a terrorist event in a screen play. Nobody really gets hurt. But what happens to those poor saps who aren't writers, who have those same feelings, how can they let out their rantings safely?

I'd suggest we get them all a journal to write in and the whole world ought to have a favorite pen. Perhaps everybody ought to have a blog. They don't have to be public. You can write a private blog if you like.

Better yet, write poetry and submit it to Poetry.com they'll publish your work and sell it back to you for mega big bucks! You won't make any money, but you'll be published.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Long As There Are Politicians, Celebrities and Men With Egos

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt Over the years, there've been people who attempted t...