Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Charger of a Different Kind

I'm not a really big sports fan, but this story captured my attention. John Elway definitely had a way of winning, and more than just on the football field. He's been active enough in the state of Colorado to cause a few ripples in the political spectrum (not that we agree on much), and he's definitely a big enough name to capture the attention of the media.

When a guy with that kind of power puts out energy to help encourage a kid, it speaks to my heart. For that reason, I wanted to share this story with my readers. He's a charger of a different kind and if he ever stops by here, I'd like him to know I appreciated his efforts in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Long As There Are Politicians, Celebrities and Men With Egos

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt Over the years, there've been people who attempted t...